Thursday, January 7, 2010

.......Christmas with the Jones Family


The Jones Family consists of my mom, Sara; my dad Fred; my sisters, Paulette, and Little Beth and my nephew Korbin. My nephew Chase also joined them on this trip.  The whole family traveled from south Ga up north to spend Christmas with us. It was a long drive up for them but an even longer drive back home.


They arrived on Monday evening. My nephew Korbin was very excited to see the left over snow. That night we had the traditional Christmas dinner, cooked by me, Vicky. It was lots of work but super fun to cook the whole turkey thing and all. Guess what?? My turkey did not have the gizzard pack stuffed in it’s rear. I looked and looked for that little packet of guts and never did find it. I was jibed; I should have taken the thing back and gotten a new one.

Anyway, we ate and then participated in the long anticipated tradition of opening gifts. The kids were ready !! They had a ball ripping open gifts. Santa was very good to all. And I am thankful for what I received. The boys loved their gifts, especially the Mario game for the Wii. Thank you !!!!

On Tuesday we headed downtown to see the sites. Our goal was to find all items featured in the movie “Night at the Museum". We hit 3 of the Smithsonians, we stopped by the National Christmas Tree, saw the White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Memorial. We packed a lot into just a few hours.

Yes it was cold. That’s why we are all wrapped up. But the faster we walked the warmer we were. Glad my family was able to see the sites in DC !!

They returned home on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking on us! Hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures.