Thursday, March 7, 2013

Can U do it(runDisney), YES!! U can!!

As a travel nursing family we are always looking for awesome adventures in the locations where we are working.  We are currently in Ocala, FL, which means we are close to DISNEY.  One of our happiest places on earth.  Since Bryson and  I are into running, what better adventure than a run at our most favorite spot on the planet.

  So can you run a Disney Race? Yes you can!! 

Our Princess weekend started off by us leaving Ocala on Thursday afternoon.  We had the camper packed and ready to go when dad got off work. We arrived at Disney's Campground Fort Wilderness just in time to make camp and hit the sack.  Friday was going to be an early morning for me due to the fact that I had won an invite to the Princess Half Meet Up.  

I was trilled to have received an invite to the Meet Up.   I learned so much from the speakers .  I really understood why runDisney exists and what they want to achieve.  RunDisney wants to encourage a healthy lifestyle.  They want to help everyone who has ever dreamed of running a race accomplish that goal.  At the Meet Up I came to the understanding that everyone can reach a half marathon goal, one minute at a time.  Can you walk for a minute?? Can you run for one minute? Then yes you can finish a half marathon. 
Disney is the place where dreams come true, so its the perfect place for you to reach your running dreams. 


 
One of my greatest honors was meeting April Holmes.  She had a very touching story. And trust me if anyone was inspirational it was her.  She is a paralympian.  If she can run with a her disabilities than any of us can archive our running goals.  Remember, one minute at a time!!
  I also had the privilege to jog along side Rachel Booth that morning around Epcot and the Boardwalk.  Some how I missed a picture opportunity with her, but jogging along side her will be etched in my memory.  I may never get that opportunity again. She finished this years race in 1 hour and 17 minutes.  That's like 6 minute miles, WOW!! On my good race days I can only run about 8 minute miles.  But if I keep working at it maybe one day I too can win a Disney Race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expo Time

Our favorite part of the Expo, visiting with Ali Vincent from the Biggest loser.  





 So glad I had my Princess Security with me.  I needed the extra protection.  LOL

One day I hope to run the Disney Marathon, I know I can do it one minute at a time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Royal 5k

Bryson ran the 5k.  He did an awesome job.  
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kids Races


Heston and Bryson both ran the kids 1 mile race.  

As the race began Bryson got pushed down by a running bully. A  kid came running up behind him and pushed him to the ground to get in front. Bryson jumped up and finished the race despite his knee and elbow was bleeding.  So thankful that Disney puts safety first and had a first aid station.  The volunteers fixed him right up with band aids.




       

   

GOOD JOB BOYS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Princess Half 

I ran the Princess Half with my good friend Elyshia.  It was great to share such a fun race with a great friend. Made the getting up early as fun as getting up early can be.  


                                        



Our little Cheer guys!!  


Found ourselves a nice muscular man on the run. Just had to touch the bulging muscles.

This was Elyshia's first time visiting Magic Kingdom and Epcot.  As we ran through the two parks I realized that that would be the fastest I would ever go in and out of two parks at Disney.









We made it!!  

 Awesome race, super awesome running partner, great weather, cute costumes, perfect day, priceless memories. 
~~~~~~~~~

The only thing that would have made it better is if Fort Wilderness would have given us a late check out.  We had to run through the finish, run to the bus stop, run through the shower just to get out in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking on us! Hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures.